GLI Pool Products’ prides itself on always offering the best service to our customers. With our Cover Doctors Safety Cover Repair and Replacement program we have made it even easier to return a cover.
- GLI will provide a box to return your cover for repair or template replacement at no charge.
- GLI will provide all necessary shipping labels to return the cover freight pre-paid.
- As always, we offer the fastest turnaround times in the industry and we offer this great service year-round – with no inconvenient deadlines.
This program applies to residential size covers only. Box size is 24” x 24” x 42” and will hold up to approximately a 22’ x 42’ cover size. For larger or commercial size covers, please contact GLI Customer Service at 1-800-448-2343.TEMPLATE FOR NEW COVER:
- To ensure the most accurate fit, return original cover if available. GLI will use the original cover to create the manufacturing specifications for the new cover:
Note: Old covers can shrink or stretch over time. GLI will take this into consideration when measuring your template to ensure the most accurate match, however, we cannot guarantee a 100% match on all straps. You may have to drill several new anchor locations (app. 10%). For best results, please provide overall length and width of actual pool on the RA form.
- GLI will provide a quote for the new cover.
- Once we receive a clean PO for the new cover, GLI will manufacture and ship the new cover within 72 hours. Standard freight rates apply.
- All template covers will be discarded at no charge once new cover is manufactured and shipped. If you require original cover to be returned, please request cover to be returned on the “Safety Cover RA Form”.
- All covers will go through a 20 point inspection to ASTM Standards by a qualified Cover Doctors technician to assess if cover is repairable and to determine types of repairs needed.
- All repair covers will be measured and tagged with re-order number for ease of future cover replacement.
- Once a PO for repairs is received, we will perform the repairs and ship cover.
- Standard freight rates apply
- What to expect: Depending on extent of damage and if cover is deemed repairable, average repair costs range from $250.00 to $1,000.00.
- If repair cost is over $300.00, a quote will be provided for the repair as well as a quote for a new cover. If the cover is not repairable, we will ONLY provide a quote for a new cover.
REPAIRABLE ITEMS: (FOR IMAGES OF TYPICAL REPAIRS CLICK HERE.)
⁃ Holes smaller than 4” will be repaired with sewn patch.
⁃ Holes larger than 4” will be repaired by capping entire square
- Step: Add or remove step
- Drain: Add or cap drain
- Cut-out: Add or cap cut-out
- Chaffing strap replacement
- Webbing replacement
- Snap-hook or D-Ring replacement
NON-REPAIRABLE ITEMS: (FOR IMAGES OF TYPICAL NON-REPAIRS CLICK HERE.)
- Anything that compromises the integrity of the cover meeting ASTM Standards. Covers must be able to hold at least 485 lbs. of weight without failing.
- Examples of non-repairable items:
• Deteriorating material due to age, chemical damage, excessive weathering, excessive wear, etc.
• Deteriorating webbing or thread
• Excessive perimeter coping damage
• Excessive holes
- All non-repairable covers will be quoted for replacement.
REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT PROCESSREQUEST RETURN AUTHORIZATION AND BOX:
- All covers require a “Return Authorization” number (RA). If you have multiple covers to return, each cover will need its own individual RA number.
- Simply fax or email the completed “Safety Cover RA Form” on the backside of this form or call GLI’s Customer Service Team to request an RA number.
- GLI will ship a return box with pre-printed return label at no charge within 24 hours of request.
RETURNING THE COVER IN BOX PROVIDED:
- Remove all hardware before shipping cover to GLI. A $100.00 removal fee will be applied to any cover returned with hardware attached. Clean cover of all debris and let air dry before packing in box.
- Attach RA Card to a Strap on the Cover. If cover is being repaired, please mark all areas of cover that need repaired. Marking your cover with duct tape or white/yellow grease crayon works best (chalk tends to rub off when cover is folded and marks are thus lost.)
- Place cover in box and securely tape and/or band box for shipment. Note: Package will be heavy, please ensure box is securely taped and/or banded so it does not open during shipment.
- Affix shipping label to designated area on shipping box.
- Affix Return Authorization (RA) Label to designated area on shipping box.
- Call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339 to schedule a PICK-UP or SHIP with your regularly scheduled FedEx Pick-Up. Freight will automatically be billed to GLI.
: Do not return “Bungee” type covers. We cannot match strap locations or do repairs on “Bungee” type covers. Bungee covers will require A-B measurements and new anchors will need to be installed.Additional Information:
- Any cover sent back that is not repaired or replaced will incur a $100.00 inspection fee.
- Any product shipped to GLI collect or without an RA# will be refused and returned to shipper.