Question: My cleaner will not move, why?
- Make certain the hoses are filled with water before the cleaner hoses are attached to the skimmer (intake). Placing the vacuum hose over the jet that is shooting water back into the pool is the easiest way to get all of the air out of the hoses.
- If the cleaner is stuck to the bottom of the pool, try installing the flow control valve per the instructions. This will reduce the vacuum to the unit to the proper operating level.
- If the customer begins with the Flow Control Valve all the way closed, the vacuum will be operating under the most available pressure from the pump and filter. Open the Flow Control Valve one notch at a time until the cleaner releases from the floor of the pool and always operate at that setting.
- Check the cleaner’s internal Diaphragm. If the Diaphragm is damaged, the cleaner will not move.
- These cleaners are not meant to be used with Intex pools. These are the soft sided (inflatable) pools sold by large retailers.
Question: Rubber Disk on the bottom will not spin.
Answer: The disk on the bottom of the cleaner is NOT supposed to spin!
Question: Cleaner gets stuck in certain areas of the pool, why?
Answer: Make certain the Deflector Wheel is installed. The halo will prevent the cleaner from getting stuck behind ladders or other tight places. If the cleaner is still getting stuck in your in-ground pool, try adjusting the hose weights (Rogue) to different sections of hose. Remember that every pool is different and you may have to make a few adjustments before you find the setting that works for you!
Question: What is “Esther Williams Bead?”
Answer: Also called Johnny Weissmuller Bead, this liner bead is thicker than Standard Bead. Esther Williams and Johnny Weissmuller manufacture Pool Kits with special bead track that only accepts thicker bead. Standard bead will be too loose in the bead track There is no upcharge for this bead on an In-Ground Liner.
Question: My cleaner only covers some of the pool, why?
AG Pools - Make certain the cleaner is operating with the correct amount of hoses. The hoses should reach from the skimmer to the furthest end of the pool plus an additional 2 hoses.
IG Pools - Try adjusting the hose weights and the amount of hoses until the cleaner operates properly. Every pool is different and this troubleshooting is all about finding the pool’s “sweet spot.” Once the hose count and weight placement is determined, it should not need to change
Rogue or Neptune - 39”
D2500 or PF Vac – 31”
D2500 or PFVac is packaged with enough hose to work on a 24’ round pool. If the customer wishes to use the vacuum on a larger pool, add 2 hoses per size increase – add 2 hoses for a 27’ round, add 4 hoses for a 30’ pool, etc.
ROBOTIC CLEANER CONTACT INFORMATION
Rampage/Rampage Plus (“QC”) – Hayward 908-355-7995
Avenger/Avenger ARC/Catalyst – Aquatron 800-457-7642
GL1000 – Aquabot 800-221-1750
Need further help or assistance?
Contact GLI Customer Service directly at
email@example.com or call 800.448.2343.