Question: How many boxes are there when shipping an in-ground fence gate and what does each contain?
Answer: 2 boxes (gate & post box and magna latch box.).
Question: How does the fence ship?
Answer: 3 or more fence sections will ship on a pallet, 2 or less will ship ground.
Question: What is included in the Magna Latch kit (PN#4300960)?
Answer: Magna Latch, installation hardware and hinges.
Question: What comes in the fence hardware bags?
- 4 X 10 fence section hardware bag consists of 1 hook and eye (PN# 4300521), 4 plastic deck plugs (PN# 4300522), and 5 plastic deck sleeves (PN# 4300523)
- 5 X 10 fence section hardware bag consists of 1 hook and eye (PN# 4300521), 5 plastic deck plugs (PN# 4300522), and 6 plastic deck sleeves (PN# 4300523)
Question: When drilling what size Drill Bit is used?
Question: How far down do they drill for the Sleeves?
Question: What if there is no concrete where they are drilling?
Answer: Must have solid surface to install fence. If fence needs to be installed into planter area, they will need to pour a concrete base at least 6” deep, 6” diameter to mount fence - roughly the size of a large coffee can.
Question: Can this be installed into a Wood Deck?
Answer: Yes, but some alterations to the decking must be made. The installation of each post requires a 4” deep hole to be drilled into the ground. The deck sleeve that is inserted into that hole MUST bottom out to meet proper installation and safety requirements. This means that if you wish to install your GLI IG Safety Fence into your wood decking, you must mount a 4x4 piece of wood underneath each area where a hole is being drilled to allow the sleeve to bottom out when it is placed into the hole. Make sure to use a drill bit that is meant for wood drilling! The suggested masonry drill bit is for concrete installation only.
Question: How do you figure how many fence sections are required?
Answer: Simply measure the total linear footage of area that needs fenced in and divide by 10 and ROUND UP!!!
Question: If you buy the fence, do you need to buy a gate?
Answer: No, most applications do not require gate. Some municipalities have their own regulations where they require a self-closing and self-latching gate. Need to check local codes.
Question: How far from the pool does the fence need to be installed?
- Fence should be a minimum distance away from the pool edge to allow proper maintenance while fence is in use.
- The fence must isolate the pool area from all exits of the house.
- If safety fence is not being used as a total enclosure, and a tie-in to an existing structure is necessary, that structure must be strong, solid and high enough not to allow a child to get around, through or over the structure.
- Do not place fence adjacent to another structure that a child may climb upon. This includes raised seating and decorative boulders.
Need further help or assistance?
Contact GLI Customer Service directly at
email@example.com or call 800.448.2343.